[at-l] mahoosuc notch

Northbounders looking to avoid the Notch can turn left at
the junction after descending from Fulling Mill Mountain and
take the trail about 2-3 miles north to Success Pond Road,
which is an east-west tote road running between the city of
Berlin NH in the west and Highway 26 in Maine to the east.
Following Success Pond Road for about 5 miles east, one
reaches Highway 26 about 1 mile north of Grafton Notch. Walk
south on Hwy 26 to Grafton Notch and the AT crossing.

Above mileages are an approximation only. In any case, for
the non-purist, it's an option that involves a few extra
miles, but using it would probably take less time to reach
Grafton than would a hiker who'd stuck with the Trail
through here.  (I'm not advocating this particular blue
blaze. The AT in Maine is Wonderful. But it can also
sometimes be problematic. Having options never hurts.)

- blisterfree

Simblissity Ultralight :: One-of-a-Kind Designs for the
Great Outdoors
www.simblissity.net