[at-l] I Have This Friend

At 09:52 AM 3/29/2005 -0500, Bror8588@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 3/28/2005 9:27:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:
>In any
>case a basic requirement of eligibility for UI benefits is that you are
>ready, willing and able to work. That is not true if you are off hiking so
>she would not be eligible while hiking but could resume her claim after the
>hike if she hadn't quit and was otherwise eligible and entitled (her UI
>office can explain the difference).
>Of course, the hiker looking for a job and willing to walk along the AT to
>find that job would meet the requirement of being "ready, willing, and
>able."  One does not have to stay home to  the telephone to qualify.  What
>about all of the jobs in the towns between Georgia and Maine?
>
>Take a hike (you never know what employer you will meet on the AT).
>
>Skylander

Well, you and I might buy that but I wouldn't bet on the average UI claims
examiner or administrative law judge buying it. When I was working in UI I
wouldn't have bought it. I could go into the reasons but that is boring
bureaucracy stuff. Just take my word for it that that would be a hard story
to sell.