From: at-l-bounces@backcountry.net [mailto:at-l-bounces@backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Nicole Markee
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 9:07 AM
To: at-l@backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [at-l] bear bag hooks?

On Mar 12, 2005, at 12:39, Jim Bullard wrote:

> At 12:30 PM 3/12/2005 -0500, carol1944@brmemc.net wrote:
>> http://www.globalgoodys.com/catalog2/product_info.php?
>> products_id=411&language=1
>>
>> Anyone seen or used these or a deriviative thereof?

I use carabiner for this.  It weighs 1.8 ounces, which is kind of a lot, and I'm considering ditching it.

It's easier to do and undo than tying a knot in the cord to my stuff sack, and, most importantly, it makes i much easier to hurl the cord over a branch.

I know, I should tie it to a rock, but I've generally found that harder to do than it sounds.

-Astrogirl