[at-l] Stile trivia...

Stile - a set of steps for crossing a fence..
*******

My guess would be Devil's Fork Gap, too.  I sat there long hours trying to get a ride.  <G>

If a stile is only steps, what do you call those other things where you sort of weave in and out to get through the fence?  There's at least one of those just north of Max Patch.  Actually, those kinds of pass-throughs are ubiquitous from there on up, as far as I've been.  There are many variations on the theme, but I think of them as being stiles.  No?

anklebear