[at-l] This time one week from today

I will be nearly to Georgia, driving down with my friend Delee.  We're
thinking of finding a hotel for the night, then in the morning if the
road isn't too bad she'll take me up to Springer and we'll walk up
together.

I have a few questions:

Any suggestions on hotels?  We'll be coming from the north.  I'm
wondering if it makes sense to stay somewhere close to a main highway
for convenience sake.

How's the road up to Springer, these days?  Driveable by compact car?

What's the status of the "shuttler" rule?  Does my good friend driving
me to Georgia count as a shuttler?  I can't see how, especially seeing
as how she's planning to get out of the car and hike a bit, but I don't
want to run afoul of the rules.

-amy