[at-l] It's just about time...

Tomorrow's going to be stupidly busy, and I'm bumming a ride Thursday, so
this is pretty close to it. I'll probably reply to a few, as most of you
know that I do tend to enjoy a good ramble.

Last night was my last pre-hike hike. I put 35 pounds in my pack--more than
I'll leave Springer with by a decent number--and climbed approximately 1200
feet in 45 minutes. It felt really good. My heart was in target range just
about the whole time, but never over. I only turned around because of the
time. Physically, I'm probably about ready.

My last multi-day, I really enjoyed being out there. Everything was great,
even the rain. That sounds kinda silly, but there ya go. I'm almost in too
good of a mood. Mentally, I might be ready. Who knows? I'll find out, I
guess.

I was on a schedule to have everything ready to go early Friday morning. I
also had to have a map CD turned in with 6 variations on a theme. Now I've
lost a day, but I'm not freaking out. Ever since the strokes put me on the
sidelines, I wanted a "real" (read full) life, and now I have one. People
are starting to like my maps, I help my dad with maintenance and repair on
his rental property, and I hike whenever I want to. Emotionally, I'm great.

We're fiscally better prepared than last year. Paula's sister and her niece
have moved in, and she won't be so lonely. I'm gonna miss her, but it'll be
even better when we see each other again. That part is unavoidable if I'm
gonna do this. Thousands of other folks have done the same. I'm not quite
sure about this part though. We'll see, I guess.

Nightwalker

----
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/
Go here every day and click the button.
It pays for mammograms for those in need.
Tell 10 friends to tell 10 friends!