[at-l] Hiking plans down the tubes

At 12:34 PM 3/22/2005 -0500, Trailwife@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 3/22/2005 11:42:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:
>Total estimate: roughly (or ruffly in Felixese) $3K to fix. Fortunately it
>runs
>and I don't have to do it immediately but it does have to be done before
>September when it is due for inspection.
>
>Get a second estimate from a local independent.
>Would you consider going north of the 45th parallel?
>
>ORR  (a Vermont Woodchuck)

The main  (read that as "most expensive") problem is internal slippage in
the transmission. At this point it means it is burning too much gas and
eventually it may well quit working. I could get it rebuilt for $400-500
less but that would be with a 30 day warrantee rather than a 3 year
warrantee on a new one. The truck has only 70K on the odometer and is in
otherwise great condition so it is worth fixing properly.