[at-l] Hiking plans down the tubes

Well, my truck just killed my hiking plans for this year. At least those
involving the section hiking on the AT. The "Service engine soon" light
came on last week and today they plugged it into the computer. Total
estimate: roughly (or ruffly in Felixese) $3K to fix. Fortunately it runs
and I don't have to do it immediately but it does have to be done before
September when it is due for inspection. There's no way I can come up with
that much and still afford a section hike this year so look for me at
Springer next year (with a bit of luck). :(  This year I'm limited to the
Adirondacks again. It's a good thing they are in my back yard. :)