[at-l] newbie

In a message dated 3/21/2005 10:03:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rjorgen141@aol.com writes:

> We are planning to hike next week in gsmnp and camp there during the week.
> Any recemendations on which hikes to do and how do we get camping spaces

You can try any of the campgrounds and do day hikes from them but in my
opinion, as a campground, Big Creek is the nicest.  It's a few miles off I-40 (exit
451).  From there you can do the Chestnust Branch Trail to the AT and loop
around to Davenport Gap back to the campground or take the Big Creek Trail to
Walnut Bottoms and the Low Gap Trail or the Baxter Creek Trail to Mt Sterling
etc...  Lots of good hiking in the Smokies, just pick up one of the trail maps.

Sly