[at-l] Wildlife sightings this weekend

Hey!

I think I encountered a bobcat on a night hike (duh) about two hikes ago.
Wide-set, orange-reflecting eyes, low to the ground. When I saw him, I first
spoke gently, then gruffly, with no response. Then I clacked my trekking
poles together and he flew away at a high rate of speed, but without much
noise.

It was on the SC/NC state line between Caesar's Head and Sassafras Mountain.

Anybody have a contrary opinion, or is it pretty sure that it was a bobcat?

My adrenaline level was through the roof! It was almost as exciting as the
night that the bear woofed at me from about 50 feet away, but not as scary.

Frank/Nightwalker