[at-l] Wildlife sightings this weekend

Weary,

Reference my observation, which you quoted ?...Wild Boar weigh from almost
300 to almost 450 pounds."

Reference your observation, ?Yeah, but they aren't born that big. I suspect
the bobcat was stalking a teen age boar. Or maybe just a kindergarten boar.?

Reference Dan?s originating post, ?... I ... saw a bobcat and a > LARGE <
(emphasis supplied) wild boar  ...  silhouetted against the sky so I got a
good view.?

Dan does go on to detail, ?It was at least 2 feet tall, and the tail was
about 6 inches long ...?

I doubt an adult bobcat could kill a wild boar much beyond a newborn.

Alternatively, the ?bobcat? may in fact be a mountain lion.  Mountain lions
are, however, MUCH larger than bobcats.  Well, at least the post-
kindergarten mountain lions.

Steve