[at-l] Blisters/Sweating WAS New at-l members! :O)

On Mar 19, 2005, at 3:52 PM, "" <carol1944@brmemc.net> wrote:

> Amy, do your feet sweat a lot?  What type sox are you wearing?  Two
> pair or
> one?  Have you tried silk liner sox (REI has some nice inexpensive
> ones)
>  Have you considered changing your sox a couple times a day?

Yeah, I sweat like crazy.  I've tried wearing Smartwools, Thorlos, and
some nifty double layer running socks.  No difference.  I have tried
changing my socks.  I just this year found some liner socks I could
live with (ended up having to go a size smaller) so I'm using those now
with thick Smartwools.  I can't tell if I'll blister yet, as in the
past it took several days of constant hiking.

> OR are you allergic to something the trail shoes are made of and don't
> know
> it?

That's a possibility.  I have a latex sensitivity.

thanks,

amy