Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:01:40 -0500
From: Felix <AThiker@smithville.net>
Subject: Re: [at-l] "Hides of Marge" (OT)
Cc: at-l@backcountry.net

camojack@comcast.net wrote:

>Well OK, but in a 31 day munf, it ain't da midpoint...I'm just sayin'.
>-"Camo"

as far as I can tell, you're the only one who thinks the Ides IS the
midpoint From jestbill at yahoo.com  Thu Mar 17 02:16:45 2005
From: jestbill at yahoo.com (william fitzpatrick)
Date: Thu Mar 17 02:27:02 2005
Subject: [at-l] Newman and Redford may film Bryson's "Walk in the

I still can't picture either one of 'em as Katz (fat Katz no less.)
If it were an environmentalist movie it would bore most non-hikers to death.

Nor is there an emergency worthy of a modern movie. No machine guns or
explosives anywhere, no cannibalism, no plague or ebola.  Not a single CIA
double agent to be seen.

Would the retelling of the WWI prisoner-of-war escape excite anyone?

It might make a one-season sit-com with clever dialogue but that's about it.

---  <carol1944@brmemc.net> wrote:
> Still it would be good to see the trail on film produced by professionals
> (unless they film elsewhere).
>
> Skylander
> ======================================
>
> Well, m'loves, you recall that Sylvester Stallone made Cliffhanger in Italy
> and France, but wanted the audience to think it was the Rocky Mountains.
>
> I'd be willin' to suggest that the Redford-Newman (or Newman-Redford) movie
> would be made -- along the Appian Way?  Or the Great Wall of China?  Or maybe
> on one of the trails in England or Scotland.
>
> Ya think?  They will go where they can cart their equipment in with vehicles
> and use arial shots from helicopters.
>
> Hmmmm, that pretty much means the initial shot will be at Amicalola and the
> final shot will be --- somewhere in a bar in New Hampshah?
>
> Auntie Coosa

There stands he, his Universe one huge Manger, filled with hay and thistles to be weighed against each other; and looks long-eared enough.
JestBill  Ga--->Me '03