[at-l] Newman and Redford may film Bryson's "Walk in the Woods"

"What's an RSCG?" inquires Astrogirl.

Well it is the infamous, famous Rainbow Springs Campground, just north of
Wallace Gap (old US 64) about a mile. This was a famous place to stop
midway between Neels Gap and NOC, with characters that ran the hostel. In
BB's trademarked way, he pegged the owners in the most unflattering way,
yet true to the core. While comedic, it upset several folks greatly. He
also pegged a number of hikers, including accurate trailnames and events.

Rainbow Springs was sold a couple of years ago, was still open last year
with some additional services, but has been closed as the new owners seek a
return on their investment. Some anticipate MacMansions on the land. I
think the owners will split it among themselves and enjoy the bounty of the
Nantahallah as it courses through their property. To me, it is too small
and too exposed on lowlands for the bulk of retirement home purchasers.

Like many of the Southern hostels I've visited, it has huge fond and
non-fond memories.

You don't get to see the fire tower on Mt Albert without one heck of a climb.

Get used to it.

OrangeBug