[at-l] Watch question for everyone....

I haven't worn a watch in about 7 or 8 years.

My brother got me a little Timex for Christmas that I wear to work.  The 'alarm' feature is not loud enough to hear of my tinnitis, so it's virtually useless on the Trail.  When I go backpacking, I got one of those little 'time pieces' that look like a bullet (and about the size of a .45 shell casing) from Mount Rogers Outfitters in Damascus, GA.  All it tells is time.  I figure if I HAVE to know what time it is, the timepiece should at least be unobtrusive.  It hangs from the zipper pull on my small 'fanny pack' I carry my camera, first aid kit, and snacks in.

Would I really WANT to know my altitude, the temperature (I got a zipper pull for that too, somewhere), and time while backpacking?  Not really.  Only if I am hiking somewhere that I have to be at a certain time.

Otherwise, I'm backpacking to get away from grinding gears of day-to-day 'civilization' in order to re-grease the wheels that force me to 'keep time' in 'the parallel universe' called 'working for a living.'

Auntie Coosa
http://auntiecoosa.blogspot.com