[at-l] Re: Hiking Poles - which and why?

Now, about hiking poles.  With "real" ones, part of the satisfaction was in the swing of the thing.  There was a rhythm to them.  You held them a good way down from the top, and they had a natural swing that helped propel you along.  The ones we use today have lost all that property.  They perform, perhaps, a bit of a different function, but I miss the old rhythm.  Am I alone here, except for Weary?

anklebear

You have a point here.  When I kayak, I prefer my wooden paddle to my metal and plastic one.  There IS a certain 'feel' to wood that metal doesn't have.

Where IS a mimosa tree when you need one?

I found a dealer for Bamboo, btw.  http://www.TyTyGa.com

Auntie Coosa
http://auntiecoosa.blogspot.com