[at-l] AT questions

When I was growing up in the 30's, I never heard of "shampoo." We used whatever soap we used for everything else -- bar Ivory. Grated it did laundry. solid it washed dishes and body parts -- including hair.

I've switched to dial and liquid Ivory and Tide for everything except when on the trail, when I revert to Ivory bar soap.

But Consumer Reports was testing shampoos many years ago using blind tests. As a special test it mixed in some Ivory dishwashing liquid. It ranked in the middle of the pack of shampoos.

Weary