From: at-l-bounces@backcountry.net [mailto:at-l-bounces@backcountry.net] On
Behalf Of Richard Mann
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 6:52 PM
To: quirkydoll@hotmail.com; at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [at-l] AT questions

> how do you get from the Atlanta airport to the inn at the trailhead
in Amicalola?

Take a look at the ATC shuttle list (www.appalachiantrail.org) for a
list of shuttle providers.  Generally if you fly into the Atlanta
Airport, a shuttler (me, Wes Wesson, or the Hiker Hostel that I know
of) will generally ask that you catch the MARTA commuter train from the
airport to the North Springs station ($1.75), where you would then be
picked up.  Going through Atlanta to the airport is not something a
shuttler wants to do, there are too many bad traffic scenarios to deal
with, plus the shuttle cost would be ridiculously high.  It is still a
chunk of change, though, for a shuttle from the MARTA station to
Amicalola (I charge $66 + 10% Each Additional Person) or Springer ($99
+ 10% EAP)...

Pittsburgh and family
www.hikeusa.biz