[at-l] Mountain Laurel Designs

Right about WHAT???  You ask the old Auntie Coosa?

RIGHT about it not being a total put on.  AND Ron, actually has hiked with a baseweight of 2.1 pounds.

The enviable is not impossible.

Think about it a minute.  If you have any frontiersmen in your past, they carried what they needed on their shoulders or in their pockets or "necessary" pouch.  AND they carried a gun that weighed in the vicinity of 10 pounds.

So, WE, intrepid frontiersmen that we are (and that's a generalized 'men' for you PC people), can carry our gear (without the gun) on our backs or in our pockets, too.

THEY survived, we can survive.  When summer comes, I'm going to do a weekend backpack with nearly no gear.  I know I won't die of hypothermia in the summer.  Well, I think I won't.  I'll use a poncho as a "tent" and an "emergency blanket" as a sleeping blanket.  I'll carry a short/light pad.  I'll have the dogs carry their food.  I may not get the best night's sleep, but I think I will have a very interesting adventure.

Anyone else up to the challenge???

Auntie (I am right when I'm right and I'm right when I'm wrong) Coosa
Casey and Crockett Four Paws