[at-l] Mercury Hot Spots Discovered

Yep, You may want to trust charcoal, works great for
molecules like amines and sulfides.  To remove heavy metal
ions one needs an ion exchange resin (water wouldn't be
drinakable because of high slt content) or you need to
distill the water.  I would rather buy water than to pump
water from a highly contaminated source.

PS  The claims by the people who make filters are not
regulated by any government agency (except the FTC who are
after lot bigger fish).

Grey Owl