[at-l] OT - Mercury Hot Spots Discovered

At 08:40 PM 3/9/2005 -0500, Jan Leitschuh wrote:
>Mercury Hot Spots -
>four in Maine alone, including the Rangely Lakes area.
>
>The Associated Press
>     Wednesday 09 March 2005
>
>"Gorham, Maine - A four-year study in the northeastern United States and
>eastern Canada released on Tuesday identifies several so-called mercury
>"hot spots" and suggests contamination by the toxic metal is more
>pervasive than originally believed."
>
>http://www.truthout.org/issues_05/030905EC.shtml

FWIW I heard in a radio news flash today that the administrations's "Clear
Skies" bill died in committee. According to
<http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=aglMgasc6vtw&refer=us>
Bush will implement some of the provisions anyway (including limiting
mercury emissions) through Executive Rules.