[at-l] Smokies in a week?

Hi all,

We just got an e-mail from Chasing Amy, who hiked from Springer to
Newfound Gap but got off the trail for a week or two (last Friday) to
wait for the weather to warm up--and for more hikers to catch up with
her.

Now, we all know that, when she returns to the Smokies in the next
week or so, there will be plenty of hikers out there, and she won't
have to worry about being all by herself. BUT, her parents are worried
(where have I heard this before?) and would like to know of a hiker or
two who will be out there and can meet up with her, and maybe even
hike with her for a few days as she gets her trail legs back.

Anybody know of any '05 hickers we might suggest?

Here's her e-mail:

*************
"... my parents would prefer it (and that is an
understatement) that I hiked with someone.  Do you know of anyone
hiking north who will be in the smokies in the next week or so?  Or
even if you know someone who would want to hike with me for the first
week?  I would still be a solo hiker and I realize that I would be
doing my own thing on the trail, but it would be helpful if I had
someone to start out with again at least for a few days.  Any other
advice would be helpful too!!  Thank you so much again and I am
looking forward to hearing from you soon!"

Chasing Amy

Waterfall
--
http://asortofnotebook.blogspot.com