[at-l] Another Cottage Industry

Mags,

Reference your post, dated 03-07-05, advising, ?... a school here in Boulder
... Naropa University.  A honest-to-goodness Buddhist College.?

I met a woman, who is matriculating with a Bachelor?s Degree in something
like sports physiology, who is going to attend that fine institution.  She
has been accepted into their Masters program for some type of environmental
awareness thing.

I suggested she consider what the ?ignorant masses? might think of her
educational attainment (in other words, skeptics such as I am).  She is
quite excited and missed my point.  Her brother will join her there next
year.

Her goal is to become a NOLS guide.

Re, ?I'll refrain for any jokes about "do you want fries with that?" ;-)

I too refrained from further indelicacies.

Such restraint is not easy for me.  My neighbor once told me her son was
?special.?  I was about to ask whether he sang or played a musical
instrument, thinking he might attend Julliard, when I noticed the short bus
pull up to her house.

Steve

P.S.  Question for Felix:  Can a woman really earn a Bachelor?s Degree?