[at-l] pack weight

In a message dated 3/5/2005 12:18:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
askowronek@mindspring.com writes:

> I never have to plan for 0 degrees around here.. hence carrying more.
> Coosa has put the fear of hypothermia into me.  :)

I would think it extremely rare if it ever gets down to zero degrees in the
southern Appalachians during April or May.  Perhaps the teens, but even then,
if you weren't totally prepared I'm sure you could put on all your clothes and
wrap yourself in your sleeping bag and shelter to maintain warmth and survive
the night.

Usually, in order to prevent hypothermia, it's best to stay dry.

Sly