[at-l] Hike ended short after 13 miles

In a message dated 3/4/2005 1:37:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:

Depending on what hammock you are using you may be able to
use it  as a tent when camping where there are no trees handy or other
conditions  make a tent preferable.

I have a Clark Jungle Hammock and it is true that it could be used as a  tent
as well.  It also has the extra large Fly so it could be set up as a  tarp
tent with the hammock itself zippered to keep out the insects and slithery
things as well as the mice.  I found it to be very comfortable for  sleeping, hung
between two trees, but using it as a tent would be another  experiment to do
this summer.

Oh, I have a Day Pack (Eagle Creek -- I think they make the best stuff)  that
has a sternum strap that is a bit high but I think it is because I tend to
carry heavy when I hike.  At least my hiking companions think so and are
always volunteering to carry my pack -- now that is embarrassing.  I know I  am
slow but what's the rush?  We always get out of the woods before it gets  real
dark.

Skylander