[at-l] Hike ended short after 13 miles

Skylander,

Reference your desire, 03-04-05, ?... to ... get ... a new pack ... with a
chest strap that keeps the shoulder straps from slipping ...?

A lot of people feel the way you do.  They may be overlooking that a chest
strap restricts the movement of the chest, which is necessary during
breathing.

I can?t quite get over the idea, that hikers seek out, and pay for, a way to
hamper their breathing.

While hikers are doing this, professional football players are using that
nose-tape thingy seemingly to keep their nostrils fully opened to improve
their breathing.

I have two packs which include chest straps.  The shoulder straps don?t slip
off my shoulders - that, for me, was a major requirement for a pack.  I cut
off the chest straps.

You may be much better served by a pack which doesn?t need a chest strap.
My chest is, I suppose, fairly typical.  There are numerous packs which fit
me without the need of a chest strap to keep the shoulder straps from
slipping, let alone not slipping completely off my shoulders.

Steve