[at-l] Memory lane...

"Oh yeah! ?I completely forgot about the
WankerfromTennesseewhocouldn'tevenwinhisownstate...."

Come on. Lets have some sympathy for those who make the sacrifices needed to make politics work. I have special sympathy for  losers. I won four races as Selectman (for you none New Englanders think elected board of managers) and lost the fifth to a homeless person. And me a "Liberal." I hardly knew whether to cry or applaud. In my only state campaign, for State Senator, I lost the town where I had lived for 30 years, but won the ward in the nearby city where I had delivered papers 50 years earlier. I thought that a victory of sorts for my well behaved youth. Oh. yeah. I also lost that election, but came close enough so that the winner, who had eyed the governorship, decided to end her election career with that last win.

Weary