[at-l] purple

Last year I bought purple leopard print riding pants.

This line from Amy reminds me of my first hiking partner.  She looked at an LL Bean catalog, then threw it down on the couch.  "I don't know who would want purple hiking shorts."  Actually, that had been the only thing in the catalog that I wanted.  I bought at least one pair, maybe two, and wore them for years.  Loved the things.  They were a dull, dusty lavender that matched my purple nylon and gray suede Vasque Clarions that I can't bear to throw away.  <G>  Those were the good years, as the people on the Ketchup Council ads on Prairie Home Companion say.  anklebear