[at-l] OUT!!!

On 2/27/05 8:40 PM, "Jan Leitschuh" <janl2@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Well today, for the first time in TWO years, I have nothing in storage.
> It's all out.
>
> And now its in my garage.
>
> I'll pick some things and think "WHY did I keep some of this STUFF???
> What was I thinking??!!!"

When we moved to North Carolina, I went out to the shed behind our house in
Richmond and removed about 20 boxes which we had moved 8 years earlier *and
never opened*.

Think about this -- we had to find or buy boxes, wrap everything in paper,
put it in the boxes, seal them, load them in a truck, unload them into the
shed, and leave them there for eight years. I had the same thoughts when I
opened them -- "why did I keep this STUFF???"

Incidentally, we rented a 2-bedroom apartment in Winston Salem, and it
literally forced us to get rid of huge piles of STUFF before (and after) the
move. I took several truckloads to Goodwill, and many more to the landfill.
I highly recommend this as a way to pare down life's load.

No, I don't miss any of it.

Cheers, and here's hoping for some snow!!!

Ken B