[at-l] embarrassing mom

At 08:51 PM 2/26/2005 -0500, Shelly Hale wrote:
>I kinda had to laugh when I read your response.  You said, "I find groups
>confining. "  I had to wonder what you call the AT-L.  Isn't that a group
>also?  ;-)

AT-L is the only sort of group I can tolerate (most of the time) because
(from my perspective) it's there on my terms. AT-L is mostly tolerant. I
tried ATML first and couldn't deal with the conformity demanded by its
proprietor. I can read/respond to AT-L when I feel like it, go away or
ignore it when I feel like it. Those who have been on AT-L for several
years know that I come and go. Even when I'm here for long periods, I read
and post at times convenient to me. I like e-mail in general for that
reason. I don't do telephone conversation well and am worse about any kind
of group that demands I attend at x o'clock on specific dates. I am
punctual when I do have appointments but to the extent that I can, I avoid
situations where I'm committed to appointments. Retirement has been very
freeing in that respect. OB could probably analyze that as something or
other but frankly my dear...