[at-l] OT-Spittin'

gypsy wrote:  > When I am old I shall wear purple, and I shall learn to
spit.

Honey, we learn how to do that in Tennessee afore we outgrow our nappies!
LOL

Now, ifin yore talkin' 'bout long-distance, put an eye out, spittin', then
that thar takes a little longer.  LOL

I remember when I was about 8 years old, my little brother, older sister,
and I were standing in the back of Daddy's truck.  We'd been hauling hay all
day and were wore out.  Several of the older men were standing around the
pickup talking.  Daddy started passing out the Cannonball plug.  Wall, my
little brother being the ripe old age of 6 figured he'd hauled hay all day
and was man enough to take that plug.  So's he axed Daddy for a chaw.  Not
to leave me and Sis out, he offered us some, too.  I tell ya, 'twern't 5
minutes later my little brother was turned an interstin' shade of green and
was a hangin' off the fender of that ole '69 Ford truck pukin' his guts up.
My sister followed not long after.  Me?  Wall, I'd been sneakin' Daddy's
chaw fur a while and knew better 'n to swaller it.  :-)

Tenacious Tanasi
    (Shelly Hale)