[at-l] Re: embarrassing mom

You know, on thinking it over, I'm probably as great an embarrassment to my mother as I am to our kids.  When she first saw my tattoo, THE anklebear, her response was, "Don't you let that thing show at my funeral.  I don't want my friends to know that you have a tattoo!"  She's a tiny little thin thing who dresses immaculately and has never owned a pair of blue jeans or "dress pants" in her life.  She's utterly appalled at the way I turned out.  I was raised in town with a wealth of fancy clothes, never went camping, nothing to indicate that I was going to take a left and never look back.  Hmmmm.......  I wonder who I take after?  I've always said that I read too many Gothic novels where the heroine hiked 6 miles through the moors into town for an afternoon of shopping and was home before supper.  That and Louis Lamour.  But they had to have stuck a cord in there somewhere, or I wouldn't have responded.  It's a poser.  anklebear