[at-l] California Snowpack

         The snowpack in the Sierras should be tough this year with all the
weather California has had. Even the March PCT starters could find snow near
Los Angeles.

             Last weekend I observed two Bald Eagles feeding off a roadkill.
They had taken it into a field by the side of the road where I watched for 10
minutes. The bigger male wasn't sharing the hind half of something I couldn't
identify. Whatever it was it was slightly bigger than a big rabbit. The female
flew in protesting so the male let her take one bite and then pushed her back
out of the way. She then proceeded to do a waddle and whistle protest.
Eventually the male took the carcass and flew off right over a car coming up the
highway. Those people had an amazing view...