[at-l] RE: Hikes for other Reasons

> Humans have gone to the woods all through time to find things and lose
> things. Thoreau comes to mind.So does my father. He finds varieties of
> reason to get him there. But most of all, he gets there. I don't find it
odd
> that people sometimes try to find a reason to get there, the end justifies
> the reason.
>
> Dawg

I used to go there to lose equipment. I have found stuff--multiple
stuffs--that I've left at a campsite the last time I hike a section of a
trail. I saw a park ranger walking with my homemade hiking staff, and said
"Hey! that's mine!" He said he thought it might be, as I seemed to leave
more useful stuff at Table Rock than anyone he knew. I had left that staff
months before, and didn't even remember losing it. I just thought I'd hidden
it from myself around here somewhere...

Frank