[at-l] Water filters vs. GI problems.

Thomas Fort wrote:

>Ok.  I've always filtered.  One reason is fear of getting sick.  But, I
>don't know why.  EVERY time I go into the woods for a few days I develop
>GI problems.  So, why is that?  What about that change causes that, doc?

Do you think you'd have more GI problems without filtering?  I've always
felt that the percentage of folks who filter and still get sick is
probably higher than the percentage of those who don't filter and get
sick.

>The other reason I like to filter is I absolutely love the taste of
>clean, clear mountain water.  I always fill my canteens with it on the
>way home so to make it last just a little bit longer.

well...I think the water tastes just as good, if not better, unfiltered.
And, the fact of the matter is....I drink unfiltered spring water here
at home. Comes out of the ground under this beautiful Sycamore tree into
a beautiful pool about 3 feet in diameter. It then runs into a black
pipe and into a 1200 gallon cement tank I buried in the ground
downstream...a RedJacket submersible pump and 480' of PVC pipe brings it
to my kitchen...where I eat ice cream.