[at-l] Water filters vs. Tablets?

In a message dated 2/23/2005 5:53:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tfort@jam.rr.com writes:

How did  it taste?  I'd think the water would be a bit grittyy.    I'm
sure most of us has had to drink from a muddy hoof print.  Or,  something
similar.

It depends where you scoop it up from.  If you scoop from one of the  many
(or even all of them) Springs aside the trail (or even adjacent to the  trail,
or off the trail as long as it is a Spring) there wouldn't be much grit  if
any.  Although if someone is playing in the spring then there is another  factor
to be weighed (and I am not referring to Marsha).  Scooping from a  Spring, to
my mind (and that could be suspect) would be safe.

Anyone get sick from scooping?

Skylander