[at-l] back pain

Jim Bullard wrote:
> I've been dealing with a recurrence of a sciatic
nerve problem for
the
> last week but have continued my daily walks since it
didn't seem to
> aggravate it. This morning I awoke and started to
get up only to have
> a popping sensation in my right hip followed by a
very sharp and
> intense pain. No aspirin for this one, I went for
the hydrocodone.
> Time to call my doctor again. I hope this isn't
going to mess up my
> hiking plans for this summer. :( Wish me luck.
>
> Limping Saunterer

Saunterer--

If you can get to the computer, go to Amazon and order
the book by Mary Pullig Schatz, MD.  Has a good
section on self-diagnosis of back problems and a very
useful set of progressive exercises for getting
yourself better.  Worked for me.

Marta