[at-l] Shenandoah trip report

> I do have to agree with you there. I personally feel closer to God out there
> on the trail than in a church.

And yet, it is possible to combine the two. I was out for a weekend in
January, and walked into Damascus at noon on Saturday. The church bells
tolled the hour (bong-bong-bong etc., 12 times), then immediately played
about fifteen verses of "Just A Closer Walk With Thee" as we trudged down
the ridgeline into town. It was a totally surreal experience, not least
because the guy I was hiking with was a minister.

That song has been stuck in my head for weeks. <g>

Ken