[at-l] Camp shoes

> >"No need for camp shoes---"
> >
> >I hear several of you saying that camp shoes are unnecessary, but I need
> >them to change the muscles I use during the day.  Someone who ran a
couple
> >of restaurants told me that they changed their shoes half way through
> >their shifts so that they didn't use exactly the same muscles all day.
If
> >I hike all day in a pair of shoes, my feet feel much happier if I change
> >shoes, thus their positions, in the evening.
>
> Several runners I know have 2 pair of shoes, different makes or models,
and
> switch them every day. They claim it helps avoid bio-mechanical problems
> (joint pain).

I've been counseled on that as well, I just must have iron feet. I am having
electrical issues with them and my silly brain damage, however. Workup for a
nerve conduction test tomorrow.

For all the problems I have--mostly stroke damage related--I am really
blessed that my body seems made specifically to hike. It might be genetic,
or it might be a few k-miles practice, I do not know.

Frank