[at-l] Outdoor Quotes 3 of 3

JAN 4 05
It's a fool's life, a rogue's life, and a good life if
you keep laughing
all the way to the grave.
--Ed Abbey

JAN 7 05
I sought the trails of South and North,
I wandered East and West;
But pride and passion drove me forth
And would not let me rest.
And still I seek, as still I roam,
A snug roof overhead;
Four walls, my own; a quiet home. . . .
"You'll have it -- when you're dead."
--Robert Service, THE WISTFUL ONE

JAN 11 05
Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them

--A. A. Milne, EEYORE from WINNIE THE POOH

JAN 14 05
The problem of living is at bottom an economic one.
And this alone is bad enough,
even in a period of so-called "normalcy." But living
has been considerably complicated
of late in various ways - by war, by questions of
personal liberty, and by "menaces"
of one kind or another.
--Benton Mackaye, 1921, AN APPALACHIAN TRAIL: A
PROJECT IN REGIONAL PLANNING

JAN 28
My latest sun is sinking fast

My race is nearly run

My longest trials now are past

My triumph has begun

--ANGEL BAND (Traditional)

FEB 1 05
If I had some duct tape, I could fix that. --MacGyver

FEB 4 05
We rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that
suffering produces
perseverance; perseverance, character; character,
hope. And hope does
not disappoint us. --Romans 5:3-5

FEB 8 05
Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces
us up, snow is
exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad
weather,
only different kinds of good weather.
--John Ruskin

FEB 11 05
I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent
Valentine's Day. When I think
about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short,
chubby toddler coming at me
with a weapon.  --Anon.

FEB 15 05
It is a gentle art; know how to tramp and you know how
to live....
The camel groans, the soldier grouses, but the tramp
puts ever something more into his
capacious rucksack for pleasure or profit... his
danger is putting in too much and
not putting in the right things....
--Stephen Graham, THE GENTLE ART OF TRAMPING

FEB 18 05
The distance is nothing; it is only the first step
that is difficult. --Du Deffand

FEB 22 05
Hunger makes the best sauce. --Anon.

Feb 25 05
A pickup truck is fine, a horse is better, but in the
end when you come right down
to it the noblest mode of locomotion is by way of the
legs, proceeding upright,
erect, like a human being, not squatting on the
haunches like a frog.
--Ed Abbey, THE FOOL'S PROGRESS

March 1 05
Learn the rules, so you can break them properly. --The
Dalai Lama

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com