[at-l] Camp shoes

This is too funny..this is the 3rd forum where
Crocs/waldies camp up this past week. :)

In any case, if you need Camp Shoes, why not just use
the factory inserts you probably discard anyway?

Check out these DIY camp shoes:
http://trailquest.net/sandals.html

Several people on the PCT wore them in 2002 with great
success. Even saw them used in town.

They are light (1-1.5 oz!), not bulky, and cheap!

Probably takes all of five minutes to make.

By contrast, a pair of knock off Tevas weigh ~8oz,
Crocs (which are very bulky) weigh 12oz for a pair!

I actually called the Crocs people yesterday to find
out the weight. Just for grins, I also weighed a pair
this morning that I won in a raffle. Yep. A men's
10/11 weighs 12.250 oz.

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com