[at-l] The Dangers of COUNTRY (was City) Life

camojack@comcast.net wrote:

> Correct, southwest North Dakota it was; I wanted to go check out North
> Dakota's high point...so I did.

You did have a lonely ride on US 85. Almost as lonely as US 50 going
across NV.  A little ways (little to us) to the east is a grasshopper of
steel about 50 ft. high.  North Dakota is a very nice little town--with
very long streets. I'd like to hike every trail in the state, but can't
afford the gas to get to 'em.  Running north and south in the Bad Lands
(you were almost there) is a 100 mile trail--the Maah Daah Hey.  In
Mandan it means "what will always be around", and the symbol that blazes
the trail is a turtle.  No connection to my trail name.

Turtle