[at-l] Watauga Dam---

Leslie Booher wrote:

>Watauga holds the distinction of being the highest reservoir (more than 1,900 feet above sea level) in the Tennessee River system.
>

>This was something that came on the Google News tonight.  It's an article about water levels in the lake.  Now, I thought that Fontana Reservoir was the highest reservoir east of the Mississippi River.  Is it not also in the TVA system?  I would have thought so.  Can anyone clarify this for me?  Thanks.    anklebear

Don't confuse 'highest' with 'elevation'. I looked in a handbook I have
that was written by a trail advocate who sometimes changes his opinion
based on what will help....hey, wait a minute...This handbook shows the
dam at Fontana at an elevation of 1775'...and, Watagua is just under
2000', I believe.