[at-l] Misc.: FELIXXXXXXX and Bryson

Felix said:
"Ya know...as I look at that 'FELIXXXXXXX' up there, I can't help but
think that it would sound better if it were 'FELIIIIIIIX'. "

'FELIIIIIIIX' is what you hear in the woods---'FELIXXXXXXX'is the same thing
thru a public address system with echos and feedback.

----------------------

"A Walk in the Woods" came up several times in conversations on my hike.  My
take on it was that he read some books and drove out to the trail a coupla
times.  I'd guess he spent some time in some hostels or in bars along the way
picking up jokes and stories.
I really doubt that he hiked more than a couple of miles and I'm reasonably
certain his partner was made up: sort of a Jingles-Gabby Hayes-Pat Butrum
composite.
Still, the environmentalist/historica background info was interesting and the
pace was good enough to make it a one-sitting read.

=====
Life is not too short: it is too narrow
JestBill  Ga--->Me '03