[at-l] Clothing

On Feb 15, 2005, at 1:22 AM, Matt Case wrote:

> I was wondering if I could get some input on what people have liked or
> disliked for their hiking clothes. I have looked at tons of different
> brands, and different types of clothes, and I have used a few things
> like
> under armor for running, but I was wondering what people thought was
> really
> good to hike in. Different brands seem to vary so much in price, I
> wonder if
> some clothing was really worth it.

I don't find that one particular brand is better than another.
Personally I find most Gramicci clothes to be pretty comfortable.
Mountain Hardwear makes some gloves that I like a lot.  I'll wear
whichever shirt I see that is lightest and wicks best when I'm going
through the drawer.  REI has a couple varieties of "Powerstretch"
fleece garments that I really like for cold weather.

If you're wondering if Patagonia or one of the high end makers is worth
the money, I'd have to say no.

-amy