[at-l] Re: neener neener

On Feb 14, 2005, at 1:18 PM, Steve Adams wrote:

> Amy,
>
> Congratulations on expanding your wardrobe into a new "designer" line.
>
> But, a question.
>
> What made you reject a silnylon poncho in lieu of a jacket and skirt?

I have, and have used on a section hike, a silnylon poncho.  It flapped
like crazy and couldn't be kept straight.  It kept rotating around me
so that the sides would open in the front and back.  Plus it was nearly
impossible to get the thing on over my pack.  I had to have assistance
from my friend.

I think that for me having two garments is more useful.  If the skirt
rotates I don't care, and I don't have to wear it if I don't want to.
Plus the raincoat doubles as a windbreaker/warming garment, where the
poncho didn't really.

Ooh, and the skirt will cover much more of me if I change clothes under
it.  It'll be 34" long so I'll even be able to hike it up to chest
level if I need to.  That will make very fashionable camp wear, don't
you think?

-amy