[at-l] Cameras

For quick access to lots of info on just about any digital camera,
try:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html

I always haunt this site in the final months before a thruhike to see
what this year's "latest and greatest" cameras are.

BTW, what I used on the CDT last year was the Konica-Minolta A2, 8
megapixel, 7X optical zoom with image stabilization, a camera I really
love (though it is bigger than the typical "thruhiker camera.") This
year that model has morphed into the Konica-Minolta A200. For an
in-depth review of the A2, go to:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/konica-minolta-a2.shtml

Other cameras are covered here also. The Video Journal they offer
there is an excellent instructional magazine on DVD.

BTW I've recently added to the CDT daily photos on my trailjournals
site, http://www.trailjournals.com/spur2004 .

Also, I've added CDT photos and Ready has added Bruce Trail photos to
our online gallery, http://www.artofthetrail.com .

Spur