[at-l] Feet

At 04:32 PM 2/10/2005 -0500, PUDSCRAWLER@aol.com wrote:
>Analyzing it, I have come to realize that any day spent on my feet, hiking or
>standing, there are certain predictable stages of pain.  All four hours of
>the morning, all is well.  I don't even think of my feet.  Fifth hour I
>begin to
>feel them.  By sixth hour I'm in definite pain.  Seventh, agony.

I find that I can tolerate a lot longer on my feet walking than just
standing or pacing the floor indoors. For one thing the ground is softer.
For another the body was made to move, not stand still. A hard chair or a
hard floor will give me pain in an hour or two tops. OTOH I can hike for 8
hours and not experience pain. I get tired and after sitting for a while
I'm stiff but I don't hurt.