[at-l] Re: at-l Digest, Vol 22, Issue 10

I will never forget the advice "Chlorox" offered me on Day two of my SOBO
hike from Kitahdin.  He was on his next to last day hiking NOBO when I met
him at the Abol Bridge Store.

His Advice:  "Keep one foot in front of the other and it's your hike, do it
your way"

Just a few days later, I met "Moothergoose" who was hiking NOBO doing the
ECT.  I figured she would have even better advice because you just don't run
into 4,000 milers everday on the trail.

Her advice:  "When you get to a town, stay away from the women."

Best trail quote I ever heard:  Stoneman (who is a geologist) was asked what
he thought of the Appalachian Trail...

His response:  "I hate rocks."