[at-l] dyslexia

>Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 10:28:01 -0500
>From: Jan Leitschuh <janl2@mindspring.com>
>I DO know I am acquiring a radically different life
view than that
which I had when I was in my early and middle
child-bearing years.
Women my age and older, I've noticed, are certainly
becoming more
outspoken/less willing to be shat upon, whereas before
we might have
"made nice." (Some are able to do BOTH, with class.
Just look at
Granny D, who is able to speak up without alienating).
Is it my life
experiences changing me, the shifting balance of
hormones, or both? A
chicken and egg issue...

>I've never seen this written about, only spoken of
anecdotally.

>NoShat Shoe

I've particularly noticed this happening in cultures
where women are culturally trained to be demure and
submissive.  For example, many Russian teenage girls
(though not all) look down when speaking at you, speak
so softly you can hardly hear them, etc.  But, ooh,
baby, watch out for older women.  Cross them and they
will chew you up and spit you out like the hull of a
sunflower seed.  I always figured that 40 or 50 years
of dealing with Russian men (who tend to be very fond
of Russian vodka) would do that to a girl.

Marta